Looking for some inspirational colors for your spring 2011 wedding or wardrobe? If so, you are sure to love this blog post!
I spoke with Nordstrom’s National Beauty Director this week, who told me, “Lavender is huge for spring!” I also spoke with a designer from Nordstrom’s downtown Seattle store, who mentioned that the following colors and patterns would be popular for this coming spring: various corals, hot pink, periwinkle/french blue, polka dots, stripes, and romantic floral prints.
These suggestions correlate very well with the spring 2011 color palette presented by Pantone, a company that surveys the designers of New York Fashion Week every year and then releases the season’s most important color trends. Here is their “color forecast” for Spring 2011:
- Honeysuckle: A vibrant pinkish-red that is flirtatious and playful (2011 Color of the Year)
- Coral Rose: A sophisticated orange that is spicy, gregarious, and persuasive
- Peapod: A fresh, organic yellow-green that symbolizes new beginnings
- Beeswax: A warm, honeyed yellow that is spicy and provocative
- Silver Peony: An ethereal shade of nude pink
- Russet: A deep, trans-seasonal brown
- Regatta: A cool, refreshing, and vibrant blue
- Blue Curacao: A tropical and enticing blue from the Caribbean
- Lavender: A romantic, fanciful, and sensual color with a subtle red undertone
- Silver Cloud: A dependable neutral gray, perfect as a background color
With several of these colors in mind, I put together the following bridal inspiration board. I love the combination produced by the various shades of pink, lavender, and periwinkle!