If you are looking for a color that really makes a statement, lemon yellow might be just the ticket! I must say, I personally do not wear a whole lot of yellow, but I had fun putting together a bridal inspiration board using this increasingly popular color…
For a bright spring or summer look, try pairing this yellow with hot pink, orange, lime green, sky blue, turquoise, or violet. With the changing colors of the leaves in fall, yellow also compliments colors like deep red, dark orange, chocolate brown, and purple. If you are looking for a bold color boost in the winter, consider mixing yellow with navy blue, black, or gray.
Here are a few ideas I came up with for incorporating lemon flavors and yellow colors into your wedding or special event:
- Use any of the following yellow flowers: Lilies, Orchids, Daisies, Daffodils, Roses, Sunflowers, Tulips, Dahlias, Irises, Spider Mums, Plumeria, Craspedia Globosa (aka Billy Balls), Forsythia, Marigolds, and Hibiscus.
- To make eye-catching, yet rather inexpensive centerpieces, fill glass vases with whole or sliced lemons and top them off with forsythia or tall white calla lilies. Be sure to add water to keep everything looking fresh.
- For a taste of lemon, serve entrees and side dishes like Grilled Salmon with Lemon and Dill, Lemon Herb Chicken, Roasted Asparagus with Lemon, Grilled Baby Artichokes with Olive Oil and Lemon, Potato Salad with Lemon and Herbs. To incorporate a bright, “lemony” color, you can also use ingredients such as lemons (obviously! ), corn, yellow peppers, pineapple slices, apples, lemon rice, eggs, yellow potatoes, squash, and yellow tomatoes. Your caterer should also have a good idea of what yellow-colored foods will be in season during the time of your event.
- Your guests are sure to love dessert classics like White Cake with Lemon Filling, Lemon Sorbet, Lemon Cupcakes, and Lemon Meringue Pie.
- Set up a “candy buffet” for your reception by filling glasses, jars, and vases with various yellow candies. Some suggestions include: Lemon Drops, lemon Skittles, lemon jelly slices, yellow M&Ms, Lemonheads, lemon rock candy, and yellow salt water taffy.
- Have fun creating a signature cocktail with your fiancé that features a yellow color and/or a lemon-flavored liquor. Your guests will love it!
- Planning a wedding outdoors or during the summer? Set up a fun, self-serve lemonade stand for your guests. Or, have your flower girl(s) and ring bearer run the stand and charge 5 or 10 cents per cup, which you can later use to buy them little “thank you” gifts from your honeymoon!
- Try combining splashes of yellow and bright red with navy blue and white for a sailor or nautical-themed wedding.
- Add lemon yellow to your wedding day attire in the form of bridesmaid dresses, hair accessories (such as silk or real flowers), men’s ties and pocket squares, socks, high heels, bracelets, and flower girl head pieces.
- Are you a big Disney fan? Dress your flower girl(s) up in Belle’s sparkly yellow princess costume. If you’re a little more adventurous, wear it down the aisle yourself!
- Hang several white vintage birdcages around your reception site with canaries or yellow parakeets inside (be sure you have homes for all of them following the ceremony though!).
- Having a beach or tropical-themed wedding? Wear a yellow Plumeria or Hibiscus in your hair, give your guests yellow beach balls to play with outdoors between the ceremony and reception, and pass out yellow leis to your bridal party and family members. Don’t forget the Mai Tais!
- Depending upon the weather, take pictures of your bridal party either holding yellow parasols or wearing some cute yellow rain boots.